Friday, August 2, 2013

Court for the Boys

Went to court today for the boys that I have had in my care for 2 years.  I have been so uneasy about it and not been able to sleep.  They were going to decide if their mother gets them back or not.  Of course she has not finished any of her treatments she has suppose to do and it's been 2 years.  I don't want to rant how screwed up the system is but I think they should considered the rights of the children and not just the parents.  They postponed the court until next month so cross your fingers that they will start the proceedings to terminate there rights.  We love these boys so much and count even imagine our lives without them.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for updating. I keep them in my prayers and on my heart.<3 KelliSue

    ReplyDelete
  2. After traveling down the road of foster care...with many hills and valleys, of which I'm not sure which hurt worse...I am very happy to say that our ordeal ended nearly 3 years after it started. After disrupting our family multiple times with in and out...the system finally decided that the biological home wasn't going to be successful and we were allowed to adopt our sons. My son, now 6, tells me that he just wondered when his mom and dad were coming to get him because it was so hard being without his family. The daycare provider who took care of him the year after we had to move told me that my then 4yo would tell her his family was going to come get him and he had a family. It surprised her that his family wasn't who the system had determined it to be, but us. Keep your chin up and your head in the game. Love those little boys no matter what that broken system does. They know your love is pure and true. We will celebrate our 1 year adoption anniversary later this month. :) They are well worth the excruciating pain of the wait. You've got my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the encouraging words. It has been hard because you just want what's best for the children. We love them so much and it brakes our hearts when they struggle and don't understand why they can't just stay at our house. Many prayers are always a blessing.

      Delete