Friday, August 19, 2016

The Little boys Room

Well, I thought I got a before picture but I forgot to put a card in my camera.  Oops!! So no before pictures.  It was a bright medium blue color and a stencil of baseballs around the top. I am trying to keep my whole house the same color pallet and sticking with grays.  I knew what I wanted in my mind but needed to get Jeff on board.  He was excited to start with the boys beds and did a great job.  He always measures it out on paper first and drawes up a plan. I LOVE how the beds turned out and the boys love sleeping in them.  I got the zipper bedding which I am so glad because it's so easy for them to make their beds. And of course I had to do a pop of red with a pillow.  We had a little extra space on one side so it's where we put some of their stuffed animals.


Underneath the bed was a cute little nook that I thought would be perfect for a desk. So off to work Jeff went to make one.  I wanted to paint it a little darker gray since I painted the beds the same color as the walls.


The perfect little spot for two sweet little boys to play lego's or color. I made the boys sign with leftover rope and some boards I had laying around.  The red holder I got from Home Goods and keeps his legos in.  Dont you just love these cute red stools. Perfect kids size.....
Next is the pallet wall. First collect the pallets and break them down.

Then we maped it out on the floor of our basement.  Which was nice and cool down there so it was perfect to work in, especially since it's been hot and humid the last couple of weeks.
 Jeff put them through the table saw to make sure they were straight and then we used the chop saw to cut them to size.

 I did all the sanding and went through alot of sandpaper. When we got them all set up we numbered the backs of them so we would know which order they went in when we took them in the boys room.

 I white washed some and stained some others.  But I love all the different colors of the pallets.
Jeff prepped the wall and found the studs and drew lines so we would make sure to get the nails in so they could be secure.

 Jeff kept putting it off and didn't really want to do it but last weekend we started and it went really fast.  I think he was relieved when I was helping him and it went so fast.
 Look how cute it turned out.  I love the colors in it and the texter.  I am such a texture person and love different texture on the wall. Like old wood doors, shutters and widows.

 I found these cute letters at Home Goods and painted them red.  I love using letters around the house.

 I decided to do burlap curtians and I think they turned out great.  I love how they let some light in but not to see through.  The were super cheap and got them in the garden center at Home Depot.

I love how hard work and a little bit of money can transform a room.  Well on to the next project. 
Thanks for viewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment