Friday, February 23, 2018

Yep I did it!!! Painted tile

I have been wanting to paint my half bath tile for so long and I finally did it. Call me crazy but I get an idea and I just have to try it. It turned out so good.
My tile in the bathroom wasn't horrible but it had a couple of stains in it I couldn't get out. 

 It was in great shape so I knew it would look great painted.
 When we moved in this half bath was painted a bright orange so I painted it as soon as we were settled in. But hadn't finished it the way I wanted. 
It wasn't as cute as this and I didn't get a picture of it but I know I wanted something else.

 I bought several stencils and couldn't decide which on to use. I ended up using two different ones. I also couldn't decide which color so I painted a light gray and a charcoal. I ended up just going for it and painted it the dark charcoal color.
 I used these furniture mover pads because they are really padded and saved my knees. 

 This is after one coat.  I ended up painting two coat and then stenciling and three coats of clear.


 It turned out so great! This stencil reminds me of my oldest daughter Tera maybe that's why I chose it. 
 It's a small bathroom so I thought I could get away with such a bold floor. 

 When we moved in it had a wall mounted sink almost like this one but not that cute.  We found this sink base on clearance and put it in right away.  It was a little too formal for my taste so I knew I would paint it but hadn't had a chance yet.
I love painted furniture it really changes the look of the piece. Now it looks french country.
 It had a round builders grade mirror on the wall that I wanted to replace and I found this cute one I got at Homegoods that is so cute and looks great with everything.
 Jeff made me these floating shelves he hung up over the toilet to add a little more space.
I am so glad it is finished and so happy how it turned out. On to the next one.


1 comment:

  1. I can see every inch of hard work that was. "So easy" as a general comparison to harder tasks and bigger rooms, I'll give you that. However, all the thought and pre-planning & experience, it's obvious Carrie this was lot of work but with such amazing results. So inspiring.

    ReplyDelete